Lissa Moreno’s Chocolate Espresso Pizzelles
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
6 large eggs
4 tsps vanilla extract
4 Tbs espresso (made)
2 ½ cups flour
½ cup cocoa
2 tsp baking powder (OPTIONAL)
¾ cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
3 large eggs
2 tsps vanilla extract
2 Tbs espresso (made)
1 ¼ cups flour
¼ cup cocoa
1 tsp baking powder (OPTIONAL)
- In large bowl, at medium speed, beat sugar and butter until creamy.
- Reduce speed to low; beat in eggs, vanilla and espresso until just blended.
- Sift together flour and cocoa (and baking powder, if desired).
- Add flour and cocoa (and baking powder, if desired) to wet mixture; combine just until well mixed. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Heat pizzelle iron fully before baking.
- Spray iron for first batch.
- Discard first baking.
- Drop a rounded Tablespoon on each form slightly behind the center.
- Bake as directed by the pizzelle iron (about 60 seconds).
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Cool on a wire rack covered with a paper towel.
- Trim if necessary.