2021 Finals Information
Remote 2021 Braille Challenge Finals will be a virtual experience throughout the months of June and July. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Los Angeles continues its restrictions on large gatherings, so it will not be possible for us to stage a large, in-person event within our usual footprint. The focus now is a similar concept to our remote Finals last year, and we look forward to bringing you the many aspects of our Finals program that make it unique while connecting with our Finalists, families and supporters in new and meaningful ways.
Since finalists and families will not be coming to Los Angeles for the Braille Challenge experience, we’re bringing the experience to them as follows:
- Announcement of all the Finalists in June.
- Finalists will complete their remote Braille Challenge testing at a location determined by each finalist’s family, their TVI and/or Regional Braille Challenge coordinator(s).
- Braille Institute staff will coordinate a privately proctored test which will then be sent back to Braille Institute for scoring.
- Finalists will receive a swag bag, goodies, annual yearbook, tactile portrait, engaging activity kits, and other items!
- Winners will be announced at a live virtual awards ceremony and prizes will be sent accordingly.
June 1: Finalists Announcement
Find out who the 2021 Braille Challenge Finalists are!
June 28 – July 9: Contest Proctoring Window
It’s competition time! Finalists will be testing with their proctors in their hometowns.
July 19-23: Webinar Week
Engaging informative and interactive webinars from industry leaders such as APH, Humanware, past Braille Challenge champions, and more.
July 26-29: Finalist Social Hours
Come together and get to know the other finalists and their families in these virtual social gatherings!
Friday, July 30: 2021 Remote Braille Challenge Finals Awards Ceremony
Find out this year’s winners, hear from leaders in the field, and much, much more via live stream.
Please stay tuned for updates!
Keep Calm and Braille On!