Los Angeles Center
Classes & Workshops
Participate in classes & workshops through two convenient options:
- Online from your home using a phone, computer or tablet
- In-person at our center
All of our programs and services are free of charge.
- Workshops – are open to the public and anyone can attend. They are one-day only sessions that are usually 1-2 hours on a specific topic with a live instructor and student participation. View our list of upcoming workshops and register online.
- Classes – are held over multiple weeks during the semester period and attended weekly. You must be a “student” of Braille Institute to register for a class. To become a student you must complete a low vision assessment or be on-boarded by a Braille Institute specialist.
741 North Vermont Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90029Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Upcoming In-Person Los Angeles Center Workshops
Upcoming Virtual Workshops
Basic Guide Techniques
What Is Safe Driving?
Audio Books for iPhone
Intro To The White Cane
Articulos de Cocina
Intro To Seeing AI App
Braille 101 Workshop
Intro To Salsa Music
What’s Up Siri?
Air Fryer Fun
Laughter Yoga: Team Spirit!
Learn Excel With JAWS
Intro To Seeing AI
Grooming for Success Part 1
Audio Described Movies
Grooming for Success Part 2
Mobile BARD App
Meet Our Regional Director
“Braille Institute Los Angeles Center, a welcoming place which fosters a real sense of connection and community, serves a broad and diverse population through our robust offering of free programs, flexible learning opportunities, and resources, all designed to support those adjusting to a spectrum of vision loss.”
Braille Institute Library Book Club
Last Wednesday of the month
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT
Books include a variety of adult fiction. Contact the Los Angeles center Library Coordinator for more information: (323) 663-1111
Our staff have gathered, and continue to research, helpful community resources and safe activities for our community of visually impaired during COVID19.
- Take a Virtual Field Trip to 7 Los Angeles Museums
- Instructional Videos on How to Use Vision Accessibility Features on Tech Devices
- Free Grocery Delivery Program for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities
- Food Pantries Near You
STAY INVOLVED WITH BRAILLE INSTITUTE
Braille Institute is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to positively transform the lives of those with vision loss. Braille Institute serves more than 37,000 people through a variety of free programs, classes and services at centers and community outreach locations throughout Southern California – from Santa Barbara to San Diego counties!
Socialize with us and stay connected! Like, share, and subscribe to help us make a difference!