Classes & Workshops
Participate in classes & workshops through two convenient options:
- Online from your home using a phone, computer or tablet
- In-person at our center
All of our programs and services are free of charge.
- Workshops – are open to the public and anyone can attend. They are one-day only sessions that are usually 1-2 hours on a specific topic with a live instructor and student participation. View our list of upcoming workshops and register online.
- Classes – are held over multiple weeks during the semester period and attended weekly. You must be a “student” of Braille Institute to register for a class. To become a student you must complete a low vision assessment or be on-boarded by a Braille Institute specialist.
6974 Brockton Avenue Suite #100
Riverside, CA 92506
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Upcoming In-Person Riverside Center Workshops
Upcoming Virtual Workshops
Guide Dogs of America
Introduction to JAWS
Understanding Vision Loss
Basic Guide Techniques
Intro to JAWS for Windows
Intro to the White Cane
BARD Móvil 101
Springtime Fall Prevention
What’s Up Siri?
Grooming for Success Part !
Meet Our Regional Manager
“Our new Riverside Neighborhood Center’s dedicated volunteers are eager to serve and help those with low vision. Your independence can be regained at our center or through In-Home visits.”
Our staff have gathered, and continue to research, helpful community resources and safe activities for our community of visually impaired during COVID19.
- Riverside City Services: Call 951-823-5311
- Services for Senior Citizens: Call 951-823-0702
- Feeding America Riverside San Bernardino: Call 951-359-4757
STAY INVOLVED WITH BRAILLE INSTITUTE
Braille Institute is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to positively transform the lives of those with vision loss. Braille Institute serves more than 37,000 people through a variety of free programs, classes and services at centers and community outreach locations throughout Southern California – from Santa Barbara to San Diego counties!
Socialize with us and stay connected! Like, share, and subscribe to help us make a difference!