- Low Vision Services –
Braille Institute San Diego
What is low vision?
Low vision is even with glasses, contact lens, medicine or surgery you have difficulty seeing, which makes everyday tasks like reading the mail, shopping and cooking challenging.
The leading causes for vision loss are macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, cataracts and glaucoma.
Getting help if you have low vision
Losing your vision doesn’t mean giving up on your life activities, it just means learning new ways of doing them.
Braille Institute Low Vision Rehabilitation Service
• Maximize your remaining vision
• Maintain independence
• Perform day-to-day tasks and stay active
Personalized one-on-one consultation by a professional and certified Occupational Therapist trained in low vision:
• Assess your specific needs such as reading, watching TV, getting around and more
• Receive practical tips on lighting, contrast and glare
• Explore magnification devices suited for your vision loss
• Receive suggestions for other free resources such as hands-on technology training, audiobook library service and independent living skills
“It was such an encouragement to learn that I could be more independent and not have to rely on people for everything.”
– Barbara, Low Vision Client, Macular Degeneration
“Hearing the diagnosis from your doctor is not the same as coming here and having them show you exactly what you are not seeing – that’s why this has been such a valuable experience.”
– Sheila, Low Vision Client, Glaucoma
|Address:||4555 Executive Drive|
San Diego, CA 92121