San Diego Center
Classes & Workshops
Participate in classes & workshops through two convenient options:
- Online from your home using a phone, computer or tablet
- In-person at our center
All of our programs and services are free of charge.
- Workshops – are open to the public and anyone can attend. They are one-day only sessions that are usually 1-2 hours on a specific topic with a live instructor and student participation. View our list of upcoming workshops and register online.
- Classes – are held over multiple weeks during the semester period and attended weekly. You must be a “student” of Braille Institute to register for a class. To become a student you must complete a low vision assessment or be on-boarded by a Braille Institute specialist.
9635 Granite Ridge Drive, #130
San Diego, CA 92123
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Take a virtual tour of our San Diego location! Watch the video below.
Upcoming In-Person San Diego Center Workshops
Upcoming Virtual Workshops
Guide Dogs of America
Introduction to JAWS
Understanding Vision Loss
Basic Guide Techniques
Intro to JAWS for Windows
Intro to the White Cane
BARD Móvil 101
Springtime Fall Prevention
What’s Up Siri?
Grooming for Success Part !
Meet Our Regional Director
“Braille Institute San Diego Center offers a variety of free programs, vision loss resources, and services for people who are visually impaired or blind. We understand not everyone experiences vision loss the same, so we invite you to discover all we have to offer.”
U.S. History Book Club
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT
Books include United States history topics.
San Diego Center Book Club
Third Friday of the Month
1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. PT
Books include a variety of adult fiction.
Contact the San Diego center Library Coordinator for more information: (858) 452-1111
Our staff have gathered, and continue to research, helpful community resources and safe activities for our community of visually impaired during COVID19.
- Instructional Videos on How to Use Vision Accessibility Features on Tech Devices
- Feeding America San Diego
- Learn how to garden at home with Master Gardeners San Diego
STAY INVOLVED WITH BRAILLE INSTITUTE
Braille Institute is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to positively transform the lives of those with vision loss. Braille Institute serves more than 37,000 people through a variety of free programs, classes and services at centers and community outreach locations throughout Southern California – from Santa Barbara to San Diego counties!
Socialize with us and stay connected! Like, share, and subscribe to help us make a difference!