Santa Barbara Center
Classes & Workshops
Participate in classes & workshops through two convenient options:
- Online from your home using a phone, computer or tablet
- In-person at our center
All of our programs and services are free of charge.
- Workshops – are open to the public and anyone can attend. They are one-day only sessions that are usually 1-2 hours on a specific topic with a live instructor and student participation. View our list of upcoming workshops and register online.
- Classes – are held over multiple weeks during the semester period and attended weekly. You must be a “student” of Braille Institute to register for a class. To become a student you must complete a low vision assessment or be on-boarded by a Braille Institute specialist.
2031 De La Vina Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93105
Monday-Friday: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Upcoming In-Person Santa Barbara Center Workshops
Braille Devices Discussion
Welcome To Your Library
Upcoming Virtual Workshops
Audio Books for iPhone
Intro To The White Cane
Articulos de Cocina
Intro To Seeing AI App
Braille 101 Workshop
Intro To Salsa Music
What’s Up Siri?
Air Fryer Fun
Intro to JAWS for Windows
Laughter Yoga: Team Spirit!
Learn Excel With JAWS
Intro To Seeing AI
Grooming for Success Part 1
Audio Described Movies
Grooming for Success Part 2
Mobile BARD App
Meet Our Regional Manager
“Braille Institute Santa Barbara Center is an invaluable resource in this community. Our staff and volunteers are committed to empowering and educating those living with vision loss so that they too can live a life without barriers.”
Santa Barbara Center Book Club
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. PT
Books include a variety of adult fiction. Contact the Santa Barbara center Library Coordinator for more information: 805-682-6222
Our staff have gathered, and continue to research, helpful community resources and safe activities for our community of visually impaired during COVID19.
- Santa Barbara County 211 Resource Guide
- Mental Health Support: Call 888-868-1649 available 24/7
- MTD Public Bus Transportation: Call 805-963-3366
- Food Banks Santa Barbara County
- For more information download this Santa Barbara Resource Word Document
STAY INVOLVED WITH BRAILLE INSTITUTE
Braille Institute is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to positively transform the lives of those with vision loss. Braille Institute serves more than 37,000 people through a variety of free programs, classes and services at centers and community outreach locations throughout Southern California – from Santa Barbara to San Diego counties!
Socialize with us and stay connected! Like, share, and subscribe to help us make a difference!