Braille Institute Rancho Mirage provides structured classes, youth programs, low vision rehabilitation, counseling, and many more services at our center and through outreach to all of Riverside, San Bernardino and Imperial Counties.
Our center offers individualized instruction on a number of topics concerning those with low vision, including Connection Pointe, a brand new state-of-the-art technology center that offers free instruction on all of the latest mainstream and adaptive devices.
Other one-on-one programs include:
- Getting around town safely
- Magnification and lighting tips
- Computer magnification software
- Money and home management
- Clothing organization and identification
- Kitchen confidence
- Personal care and grooming
We understand that not everyone can get to our center in Rancho Mirage and we proudly offer our services “On the Road” through our free Community Outreach Programs. Topics include:
- Understanding vision loss/orientation and mobility
- Staying connected through computers
- Independent living skills
- Other services such as Library and Low Vision Services
Check the Braille Institute Rancho Mirage Events Calendar to find outreach events near you.
Braille Institute Rancho Mirage provides limited transportation to aid students in getting to our center. To confirm your space on our Braille Institute buses, call (760) 202-6117 (if you are scheduled to be on a bus, but will not make it, you must call (760) 202-6117 and let us know one day in advance).
- Mondays: Hemet (Camelot), Riverside (Janet Goeske Center)
- Tuesdays: Yucca Valley (Stater Bros), Desert Hot Springs (Vons), Redlands (Vons on North Orange Street), Yucaipa (Stater Bros), Calimesa (Stater Bros)
- Wednesdays: Moreno Valley (McDonald’s, 23831 Sunnymead Blvd.), Banning/Beaumont (Pass Hospital)
- Thursdays: Hemet (Camelot and Sun West)
Other Transportation Agencies:
- Riverside Transit Agency (800) 795-7887
- Sun Dial (760) 343-4231
- City of Beaumont Pass Transit Dial-a-Ride (951) 922-3252
- Banning Dial-a-Ride (951) 922-3252
- Reach Out Morongo for Yucca Valley/29 Palms (760) 369-8671
MOBILE SOLUTIONS VAN VISITS
The Mobile Solutions Van represents Braille Institute Rancho Mirage outreach on wheels. Our bus will bring low vision service, library and other services to your area. Please call (760) 321-1111 to get information on a location near you, and to make an appointment.
Our free seminars range from presentations about eye disease and treatment to technology and lighting demonstrations to help you or a loved one live with vision loss.
All events and seminars are free and presented by medical experts and Braille Institute instructors.