The goal of the “Your Personal Best” program is to help young adults, ages 18 to 30 years of age develop a customized life plan with goals and steps designed to help them reach their true potential. This program empowers young adults to take responsibility for their lives by creating a life for themselves.
“Your Personal Best” Services:
- Personal Management: ILS overall, Finances, Time Management, Cooking, Dress for Success.
- Social Skills: Communication, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Conflict Management
- O&M skills: basic foundation skills, residential, light business travel, public transportation, GPS
- Technology Skills: adaptive and mainstream, use of internet for job applications, research
- Community Service/Internships/Externships: 3-6 months, paid through stipend
- Educational/Vocational training: applications, résumé, interview, follow-up
- Career/Job: potentially identifying employers, “meet the employer” days; part-time or full-time job